Monday, February 8, 2010

Skiing for beginners

Have u ever wondered why the westerners and Europeans become more matured much faster than the Asians?

One of the reasons is, which I think plays a big role in their lives, is that they have learnt to be independent from the very beginning of their infant lives. Just take today for example, I saw MANYY not one or two, but MANY TENS of young kids, as young as 4 or 5 years old, learning how to SKI by themselves. They fall, they stand up on their own. And they slide again. None of the parents will be running and screaming “are you okay honey??” and then wipe off any snow on their pants while the (usual) Asian kids continue to cry. None of the kids that I saw today even whine when they fall down. They just got up and ski again. And that aspect really mesmerized me. Western kids are brought up so independent from the start, that it is not unusual seeing many of them have a very matured thoughts and behaviours at teenagers age. Of course, in any basket of apples, there are always rotten ones. So of course, they are always those that are forever childish and just want to play around.

I guess there are goods and bads about the ways Western parents bring up their children. There are always goods and bads for everything. The only one thing that I hope my parents have thought me differently is that I should be more independent earlier. I always feel that it is shameful that at this age I still getting allowance from my parents. I can’t wait for the time when I will have the ability to give allowance to my parents. So that’s why I promise myself, I will NEVER EVER whine about studying. NEVER EVER complain that studying is painful and stressful. NOPE. I will study as hard as I can and I will love and score in every single subject. I promise myself that.

On another note, skiing today was delightful. Only me and Shelly went up to ski because Hansol and Jenny did not want to come. So we went with the school bus, and reach the skiing place. 1 IMPORTANT thing I learn today: Skiing is EXPENSIVE. It is bloody expensive. We spent 35 renting the shoes and the ski equipment. And 35 its already discounted 10 francs cos we are from school, and then we need to buy special gloves because the teacher said the ones that we had are going to make our hands feel like its not there anymore. So I bought the cheapest, which was on discount from 35 to 17.5, shelly bought a professional one at 89. And then we need to buy two way tickets and the guy at the counter refused to give us special discounts eventhough we are students and in group of 12. At first he asked us to pay 69 for 2 way tickets which is 69 francs. AFTER we already paid then we tell him we are beginners, and he said “Ohh you have to tell me you are beginners. For beginners its 25.” (=.= )wth wth…

But the skiing lesson was fun, the school hired a teacher for us, and we learnt how to make turns, how to properly stop and right body positions for everything. It was cold but the fun overcame the cold J We also stopped for lunch and had nice hot drink and I tasted the NICEST wine ever today. Its hot wine but they put lemon inside it, the wine taste so good and sweet…goshh now I want more (>.<)”…and it only costs 5 francs…

I want to put some pics here but there r stg wrong with my BB…it cannot detect my comp..so I cannot send it to my comp.. or im just too noob.. >.<

Ytd there was one highlight that I need to pinpoint:

I am SO GLAD there are still good Samaritans in this world. I have been looking high and low for adaptor for my BB, ever since I come to Swiss I cannot charge my BB cos the adaptor cannot fit in. So ytd when Shelly, Jenny and I went for Thai food at Sierre, we walked around and took pics of course :p and we found an electricity shop! So we went in and asked for it, and Jenny was trying to explain to the young guy who cannot speak English, after 5 mins he gave up trying to guess what we wanted and he called his dad (I assumed) who spoke fluent English. I told him again what I wanted and he found it and when I asked how much he said “We have this here because..Well I dunno why we have this adaptor here because we usually don’t sell it…so here you go..I’m giving it to you..no charge”

I was like “WHATTT???NO no no…I’ll pay..no Seriously I can’t take it like that..” Jenny and Shelly were as stunned as I was..they were like covering their mouths that have opened so big and our eyes are as about to come out because of the shock. But he insisted on giving it free, so I REALLY wanted to buy my webcam there but sadly they do not have it.. T_T I told Jenny and Shel we should come back there if we need any comp stuff…haix…the guy was so nice…

This evening ended with us having dinner at Market Place, Shelly and Hansol went for volleyball while Jenny came to my room and we watched Police Academy tgt…very funny series…u guys shld watch it if u come across :)

Alritey dats all for now…

Bonsoir, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment