Wednesday, April 1, 2009

MOM & DAD

I want to dedicate this whole entry to my parents.
Gonna be a little bit sentimental on this one.

Anyway,this urge to write about my family came as I was swimming just now.
Suddenly a memory rushed back to me, bringing me back to like 10 years ago?
around that time, my mom used to bring my sis and I to swimming pool, sometimes she brought us for swimming lesson, or sometimes just as a form of relaxation and exercise.

I remember being very happy splashing water around and just having fun.
My mom would sometimes join us, or other times she just sat at the benches watching us play and swimming around. It is always the tradition that my mom would buy fries and fried rice and other food for us when we are very hungry after swimming. So we would come up for 15 mins, ate full, then dipped in again. Thinking now, then all the calories burnt during the swimming would go to waste isnt it? but child being child, I think full stomach and happiness were the one that matter. not being slim.

Then, one thing I always remember about my dad is that everytime there was power break down at our house, and it is Indonesia, I remind you, so it happened quite often.
Then my parents would drive around, my sis and I at the backseat. They would drive and drive until we both fall asleep. Oh, another weird thing, is that when I was small, I could not sleep so easily, so my dad had to drive on bumpy road! if not i wouldnt fall asleep.

Once we reached home, my dad would carry us all the way to the room and he always kissed us on the cheek with his moustache and all that. And last time, when his moustache brushed again my cheek, I will get very very disturbed and will kick him until he went away.

Haix. Thinking about all that makes me sad.
I think I was very ungrateful as a child. I love my parents so very very much, which is my main reason why I do not want to grow up. I hate growing up. I want to stay as anak mami papi forever( translation: daddy's and mommy's little child). I want to always stay with them and being cared by them.

Call me childish or manja. Whatever. I don't care. My sole reason of being alive is them.
Those of you that might take their love for granted, think again. You wouldn't be here if its not because of them.

Now I could understand why my parents always still think of me of little child. Even though I constantly plead them to give me more freedom or treat me like an adult, they will try, but most of the time they failed. But I understand. As they realize Im getting older, I will drift away more from them, I won't appreciate their love and care as I used to when I was small. Thats why they always think of me as their little child.

I'm sorry mom and dad. Sorry for hurting your feelings. I will always stay as your little child, I promise. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment