Tuesday, May 5, 2009

vegetariannnnn

When I was 15/16 I promised myself by 20 years old I would be a vegetarian..
and today I am over 20 and still not :(

I really wannabe a vegetarian
why??
1. I love animals. cows are cute, pigs are gross but they are often pictured as cute and intelligent.
2. Vegetable can also give u all the vitamins that meat can give too!
3. (I thought) I can become skinnier

However, the third reason is not really valid, because some ppl are still fat eventhough they are vegetarian... I was talking to my Indian friend, he is a FULL VEGETARIAN. meaning he can only eat the non-living products of animals and vegetables. He cant even eat egg. But he's damn skinny!! Then when I said how come some vegetarian ppl are fat, and some are skinny, He replied It is just the same case for everyone, you eat more, you still get fat.

T.T
I should really really stop eating when I am not hungry.
and i might be becoming White vegetarian (this term I made it up myself) which means I can eat vegetables+ white meat (chicken and fish) BY the age of 30

With bird flu and mad cow disease and swine flu keep coming one after another, I think it would be a good idea to be vegetarian. But then again, some chemicals that are found in the vegetables can be very harmful too :(

Speaking of harmful chemicals, I am so happy seeing Thai farmers. Just now in class, the Prof showed us a video by the Thai govt, they are embarking on a project trying to stop the use of chemicals in farming, because it is harmful for both the farmers and the consumers. And the farmers gladly accept the idea, because they care about their consumers and the live of others (this is why I love Thais and Buddhists). They have very strong passion for humanity and all that. and they are very peaceful (even their riots are considered peaceful as compared to other countries' riots).

and I am not bluffing you on this one. Seeing my maternal grandma makes me feel so peaceful. She is a strong Buddhist, she goes to temple everyday, she meditates everyday and she does a lot of charity stuff. Like she gets happiness from doing all that. I really look up to her a lot.

I am not here to promotes Buddhism, cos I myself is Catholic. But I am just saying, if only people focus more on the positive sides of their religions, the world would become a much better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment