2 weeks in Market Place is the most busiet yet the most amazing practical weeks.
wad we have to do in market place:
Breakfast duties :
- juices station : fill up juices
-yoghurt and cereal station : fill up
- pastry : same
- station 1,2, 3 where ppl are sitting: ask "would u like something to drink? coffee, tea or me?"
just kidding. "me" is not available.
more or less dats all we have to do
and then when everyone finish, we clean tables, chairs, broom and sweep floor and put back tables and chairs and line it nicely. salt and pepper facing teh door, one cm apart, etc etc..
Lunch duties:
-clean station: set up for new tables, prepare cutleries to give to service ppl, prepare water jugs to give to service ppl
-dirty station: get dirty plates from service ppl, scrap all e food away, and put it nicely, plates w plates, cups w cups, etc
-runner: fill empty water jugs w new ones, bring dirty plates into the kitchen, (usually piled up), and bring new cutleries when we run out
-service: attend to guest, memorize and explain menu, take plates when they finish, ask wad would they like to have next and give correct cutleries for the appropriate food.
I like runner and service the most, especially when it gets busy. When ist not busy u get bored, so I really like being busy. I was the only girl runner cos usually girls just want easy stuff and dont want to get tired, i really feel like saying
"COME ON GIRLS, u want to be treated equally like guys! but how do u expect them to treat u equal when u dont see urself equal and always say "oohh..im a girl, im so weak, i cant be runner.."
HO HO pitty u!
If i can do that, any other girls can do dat okay! U dont have to wait till u have like 20 piles of plates, noe ur own limit, carry wadever u can and just make more rounds to the kitchen. its really not that hard u noee
Anyway, yesterday was very fun also. and a very happy day for me.
cos it was an open day for Les Roches. so there were many visitors.
so from all the students who are working on that day, few of us (which I believe are the best :P) are chosen to attend to the visitors and VIPs.
Amongs those chosen there were me, Florian, Anna, Marion,Sondra(from Guyere), Tim, Charlene and Maria (Charlene and Maria are not mentioned often cos im not really close to them)
At first, I wanted to stay in dirty station and be runner, but suddenly the teacher called me and say "Vanessa, take this 2 tables for the visitors."
I swear I was so nervous. I have to serve wine as well, and I never serve wine before! wad if i spill everythg?? and as u noe, red wine stains is bloody hard to remove.
and since now I am moved to service I had to memorize the menu.
and its a bloody long one.
Finally when the guests arrive, tgt with Mr Hutchinson, one of the deans of the school, I came to them and greet them.
"Hi, good afternoon.."
They all smiled and replied me good afternoon (ok, good start)
then I said:"let me start with the menu for today, we have mixed garden salad for salad, for appetizer we have pate and terrine, for soup we have carrot cappucino..(waiting for their reaction)
and true enough, confusion looks appear on their faces.
so I explain"erm..its called cappucino because it looks like cappucino, with white foam on top."
then they say "ahhh.."
so I go on "as for the main course, we have grilled salmon escalope as well roast beef english style served with foyot sauce..and at side dish we have semolina gnocchi with sauteed baby marrow for the vegetable..and lastly at vegetarian station there is mixed vegetable cooked with curry and coconut.."
anddd..im DONE W MY MENUU
finally fiuhhh~~
then one of the lady asked :"Vanessa (they noe my name cos im wearing name tag), where do u come from?"
I answered :"Indonesia"
they ask again:"SO do u come directly from Indonesia to swiss?"
I said:" No..I was in Singapore for the last 6 years.."
They said:"ahh..no wonder you dont talk like Indonesian at all.."
lol
and another lady asked about my life in Spore, and I answered I was in SMU, and she asked why I didnt continue, and I said "yah..my calling is here..in hotel management.." lol
the rest of it went out well, even when i had to serve the wine to them.. :)
so proud of myself. huahahahaha
XD
Dinner duties:
-runner: top up plates, glasses and water jugs
-service: pour water to guest's glasses
ok dats all now. im gonna go to jenny's to eat her home made spring rolls!! yayyy
den wait for anna to wake up and eat our pizza :D
have a good day everyone ^.^
No comments:
Post a Comment