Sunday, March 14, 2010

how unpredictable life is

So many things happened in these 2 days.

it was really playing with everyone's feeling.

so this is what happened.

THURSDAY MORNING
I was having a normal morning and it was a pretty nice day overall. We had done our essay about comparison between our countries and Switzerland. Of course there is so many differences between the 2, so it was easy for me to write lots of interesting things.

After I ended my lesson, I opened my mail. And guess what, I got accepted in Ritz Carlton Portugal! Of course I was belated. Getting into such 5 star hotel chain, like Ritz or Four Seasons is my dream! the only bad thing about it is that they only pay 250 euros for a mth. Which is just enough to pay for my accomodation, as they do not provide it. but I talked to my mom, and she was happy about it, and doesnt mind about the pay, so I went ahead and replied them that I was delighted for their decision. There was also another things, which I dont know that it is good or bad. Junting is going to the same place. we both got accepted, but Shelly (who was the one that adviced me to try Ritz) wasnt accepted :( I was really sad that she screwed up her interview as I know she has many capabilities and a hard working student. haizz

THURSDAY EVENING
I had Indonesian meeting with the rest of Indonesian people from the senior years. The meeting is to prepare for Cultural Night, where all countries show off their cultures either by stand or by performance. There were Bryant, Siska, Elis, Putra..and funnily for this year we even asked our friends who are not Indonesian to help out with it as it is impossible to do it with 5 people. Surprisingly, many turn up. There are Marion (my friend who is French), Shelly, 2 HK girls, 1 Mexican, 1 Brunai and 1 African. Amazing mixed group isnt it?

It was a well done meeting, started out with a video prepared by Elis, who is our leader, and the video sufficiently introduced Indonesia, their dances and their "rumah adat" and many more cultures. People enjoyed it and they also enjoyed the rest of the meeting. We laughed, we talked lightly, and it went perfectly well. Everyone know their tasks and there was no unhappiness.
We also prepared that next week we are going to buy the decoration stuff with Kak Sandra, who is and Indonesian chef married to a French, who is a chef in our school as well.

THURSDAY MIDNIGHT
It was already about 11pm and I was trying to sleep in my room, but it wasnt as easy as usual, cos Anna and Florian was outside in the studying room, talking. It wasnt loud, but as u know, I am very sensitive to noise so it was kinda disturbing for me. But luckily I did not fall asleep. At 12 am they started to speak softer and softer, ans JUST as I was about to close my eyes, suddenly I heard them screaming at each other in German and dashed out. I had no idea what was happening so I still laid on my back trying to sleep again. (Btw Gam is not inside the room. never on weekends actually) Then more people are dashing out of their rooms as I could hear the footsteps above me. It finally come to realization to me when someone on the street outside out building shouted "Main building is on fire! Main building is on fire!" and someone in my building opened her window and shouted back "What the fuck??For real??"
SO obviously at this time I know something is not right, I took my coat, and ran off just with my pyjama.

The main building is the boys' dormitory just beside the school. Some of my classmates live there so I was really worried about them. I ran all the way, fell down once cos it was slippery, and I hadnt have time to put on my contact, so I couldnt really see people. Nearing the school, I saw hundreds of people gathering and I could smell the smoke so badly. I was talking to Khue and asked her what happened when Edoardo, tapped me in the shoulder. He is one of my classmate who lived there. So I asked him again what happened and he said "I have no idea. I wad in front of my comp when suddenly I smelled smoke. Took my laptop. thats all I could think about." I asked whether he was okay, and whether his roommate, Guido, who is my classmate as well, are fine. I saw lots of angry people, I could imagine how they feel. All of their belongings just disappear in smoke because of someone's fault, but I believe Guido was the guy that was the most upset, he looked like he is able to hit anybody. Luckily there was a girl who kept him down, not me obviously.

Several hours later, I began to hear stories about what actually started the fire. There were many different versions so I dont know which one is true. One said " a guy was playing with candle and it fell down and he was sleeping, when he woke up the whole room was burnt and he could only run and save himself." Another said, " he was trying to have a romantic moment with his gf when the candle burnt the curtain and soon enough the whole room."
But mostly they all started w the same thing, candle. Sure, we all agreed the guy was stupid and that he deserved to die for many people lost their precious belongings. and Florian said "that guy will be dead man, so many people wants to kill him." and another guy replied," they already beat him up." Till this day we still dont know who he is, cos I dont think he dares to come back to school. we estimate that each person lost about CHF 10,000. and there are 80 ppl inside, so he needs to pay 790,000 if all of them sue him.

However, the school is at fault too. Can u imagine, there was not a single smoke detector or sprinkle in the rooms. and the fire extinguisher does not work. Edoardo told me that he tried to grab the fire extinguisher from the main school, but the cable was too short. and the security told them to wait for the fire department, who only arrived 30 mins later when the whole 2nd floor was already burnt in flames. In total, they took 3 hours to try to put out the fire.

Obviously I could not sleep in this condition, but I could not do much either. What can I say..Sometimes it is better to shut up and listen to their complaints then say something wrong. Soon I met Anna too, who was there to calm Jean-Marc, our other friend, who said it was magical that he could wake up as he took a sleeping pill before he slept. We all agreed. It was horrifying, and imagine the atmosphere, it was so dark as everyone was so devastated. One of Jean-Marc Louis Vuittons suit already comes to 1600 francs. Imagine that.

We stayed with them, trying to calm them down, and only at 4.30 am they were given a new temporary rooms. I went back to my room, but I keep thinking about how pitiful they are, laptop gone, clothes gone, even passports, all their precious belongings basically. I could not sleep at all. At 5.30 am I took a shower for one hour, trying to clear my mind as well. This was one of the rare conditions where I am so affected by someone else's condition. I promised to meet Bryant for breakfast but he called and said he wasnt ready. So with my uniform, I went down and saw the announcement that there are no school today. The breakfast was moved to CDV so it was packed with hundreds of people. And the breakfast was shitty, we just sat there and I explained to people who dont know about what happened. I was as well angry with people who could say "wah, I am just happy that I do not have exam today." like wad the fuck, seriously how could u say that when other ppl just lost their evrything??

FRIDAY MORNING
Ate at CDV, passed Edoardo a pair of socks, and again, still feel very down. However suddenly Hansol told me that she has an interview in Bern today. Bern is the capital city of Switzerland. So me, Jenny and Shelly decided to go with her. Later on we found out that we had a class, but the mood is so bad and I really need to get away, so I skipped. For the few times in my life, I ponned one class. Bern was lovely and it managed to lift up our mood. See the pictures soon enough in Facebook.

The focal point of the day which really made my day was I finally bought a camera and a webcam. BOTH with my own money!! I had some savings, which I think is really in pathetic condition now. But anw I have my own camera nowwww..~~

One funny story at night, I had to squeeze my pimple cos it was so disturbing, and u know how long i took to squeeze all the blood out?? 45 mins! I swear I almost fall asleep on the basin. I am NOT kidding.

SATURDAY MORNING
We already booked and paid for our journey today. POSH CAR exhibition in Geneva. we were almost late as we thought that we meet at 8.30 but instead 7am. I showered for 2 mins and just dump all my make-up kit inside my bag and run off.

Took lots of pics of cars, very very lovely. My favourite brand of the day was Weignerr or something like dat, which funnily had lizard as their symbol, the animal that I hated the most.
Had Chinese food for our lunch, which comes up to 35 francs. Asian food are unbeliavably expensive here I tell u. Had crepes for dinner. Did a little bit of shopping. and sleptttt the whole way through, making up for the lost of sleep the other night. So thats all. and see how life really plays around with us. we will never be ready for the unpredicable. Enjoy ur life while u can but make is worthy-living as well.

~ciao~

4 comments:

  1. omg honey r u ok? btw i'll be in indo for the next 10 days roughly, we'll do webcam call when im back in singapore yea?!:) i miss u..and pls take care!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there, got any pictures? im from the 2000 batch - luis jimenez -

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sorry i dont have any. some students took it. try facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ cha: yes dear i am okay. text me when u come back!

    ReplyDelete