Tuesday, September 8, 2009

FrenchGermanItalian?

Whoa. These 2 weeks my days are like roller coaster.One minute I am really happy, the next minute I can be crying like a psycho.

So wad's up now?
With the advices of my parents, my parents' friends, my bestfriend, and my other close friends, I have changed my destination to Switzerland.
It wasnt my plan at first..I would prefer Australia much cos it is cheaper (so my bf can prob visit), it is nearer to Singapore and Indonesia (so I can go back often), and it has many Asians, so I want feel cornered or alienated.

But....., I am not yet that independent to pay for my own education fees, so obviously when my parents are still paying, their opinions do count. And I have to admit, their advices usually come from their friends that are professionals or have many experience or personally know people who work in the hotel management field.and they all said the same thg : want to study hotel management?Go Swiss.

Now, I am still in the process of preparing to apply for the 2 public unis there: de Lausanne and Les Roches. Why do I take so long?
Cos e freakin uni needs an essay; something I am not good at, so I need time to come out w my best effort.
I really dont think I can get into Lausanne cos it is pretty strict; they have like 2 tests and 2 interviews, one is normal interview, the other is role-play. Apparently they will set up student to play some difficult customers and they want to see how the applicants respond to such situation.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa I hate thatt.. Eventho I used to be in drama last time, I dont think I can think in that short time. >.<

I prefer Les Roches actually, cos they have compulsory internship every year, so its a semester of studying, a semester of working
I repeat; EVERY year,so I will earn some money.
But mymom said like that waste our money cos actually we r only paying for half..=x

Apparently I just found out, all students in Swiss uni stay inside the uni. So the tuition fees actually covered lodging and even meals 3 times a day everyday.
So if I'll be a loner and dont go out at all, I THINK i can be savvy :)

But truth be told,I am still scared..
Swiss people dont speak English much..prob only college students do..
Their languages are French,German,Italian..and I speak..none of them >.<
trying hard to learn French in this 5 mths I have..
cos altho I chose the English program, French is still a subject..

Anotehr thing, I always assume they wont speak to me.
T_______________________________T

Oh well, wish me luck people, that I got accepted, if not I think I am going back to Aus.
Actually Im thinking of applying to a private uni too, but not sure which one yet, maybe SHMS or IMI-Luzern. IMI is the one that is partnered with SIM Singapore, so I think Ria is going there..shld I join her? :)

cheers!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment